Monday, August 9, 2010

Teaching Goals - Year 11 Camp








My new job fits well with my overall career teaching goal..."spend more days on Field Trip than anybody else in the World, ok, maybe just my school board"! At The Southport School in Australia my main job is taking kids on camp experiences. For the last 8 days I have been on a canoe trip with the Year 11's. Job description.... get 34 students departing right from the boat ramp at the school, trip with them through the coastal water way to Cabbage Tree Point 4 days away then meet another 34 students who had buses up to meet us and swap over a new group and paddle back to the school. Learned HEAPS about the tides in the area. I got to bomb around in a little zodiac boat to make sure everybody was safe. When the tides got crazee and kids had to paddle against them we did some towing of canoes. My rule... If you don't tell me a storey about what it is like to live in Australia and attend TSS then there was NO TOW! I have now met many of the TSS year 11 class and can walk around campus seeing some familiar faces. Next week I head off to the Hidden Creek site with GRADE 4's! Its all about Field Trips!




No comments:

Post a Comment